Coach of the Year Criteria
The basic criteria used
for the selection of the regional and USASA coaches of the year are as follows:
1) The candidate
must be a member of USASA.
2) The candidate must be active in coaching teams in USASA.
3) How much of the coach’s time is spent in program(s) directly related to USASA.
the candidate is active in more than one program in USASA, such as
administrator, referee, etc.
5) The candidate’s impact on the program(s) in which the candidate
6) The level of coaching education achieved by the candidate.
7) Consistent winning and/or improvement of the team’s performance under the
Coach of the Year Nomination
Committee Regional Representative will send out a letter by October 15 th to each National State Association and applicable
National/Regional League requesting that they present their Coach of the Year nomination no later than April 15 th each seasonal
year. The nomination should include a letter, detailed background, and the candidate’s resume.
Committee representative, along with the Regional Executive Committee, will select the Coach of the Year for each Region.
The Coaching Committee Chairman will, in turn, submit the name of the selected candidates to the USASA Administrator. The
USASA Administrator will send written notification to the successful candidates to arrange their trip accommodations to the
Mid-Year Meeting and copy their affiliate member.
The Coaching Committee members will then select the National
Coach of the Year for USASA, from among the Regional Coaches of the Year. The National Coach of the Year will be announced
at the USASA Mid-Year Meeting.